Monday 30 May 2011

Outlander Book 1 - Post 6

*****SPOILERS*****
So, it has been a while *cough* ages *cough* since I have done an Outlander post, so I have got my backside on gear and tada! Outlander post. I am ashamed to say that I am still on the first book but 30 odd hours of audio book is an awful lot of listening time.

Anyway, moving on.

So, forget what I said in my earlier post about the sex. I was right in what I said about it getting a bit…heavier as you read. So yeah. ADULT book peeps. Which is fine as the book came from the general fiction section of the book shop and not the nice and fluffy YA section – so I am not going to go on a rant about suddenly finding an ‘intimate’ scene in this book or whatever as it was expected.

One of my favourite scenes has to be the Loch Ness monster bit. How COOL! I mean, there is time travel in this book for pity’s sake so why not have Nessie pop in for a visit. I know some people just roll their eyes at this section of the book but I liked it – easily amused I suppose. 

I think in my last post I left Claire getting sizzled just before her wedding. ..yeah. She is now wedded and bedded (literally) and is quite happy. I think it is a bit of a shame though that she has been forced into this situation by circumstances. Although, since her marriage to Jamie she has admitted to us that she was attracted to him from early on...I think though that she wouldn’t have taken the attraction anywhere and would have remained faithful to her husband (even if he is a git – earlier post on that point) but circumstances have forced her into a position where she is needing to make the best of it – there are worse situations to be in than being married to a very cute Scotsman…I suppose.

‘Nother Outlander post up soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!