Tuesday 7 June 2011

Breaking Dawn Part 1 Trailer

Something that seems to have taken blogs by storm is the release of the new Twilight advert for Breaking Dawn. Or at least that's what it seemed like with all the blog posts popping up on my twitter stream. Now, I am not a die hard Twilight fan. WAIT! Don’t get ready to hunt me down just yet. I have read all the book (haven’t seen the films) and thought they were pretty darn good - but I like my fairies and elves a little bit more than the vampires and werewolves but that is just me.

Anyway, I’m going off track. So I clicked on the advert to see what the fuss (I say that in the most respective way) was about.

I don’t know if anyone else is like me in that one sentence in book can ‘make’ that book? Anyone? One little bit of dialogue between two characters, or a thought about one character made by another? No?

*tumbleweed*

Alight-y-then.

I can’t think of any examples right now but as soon as I do I’ll let you know.

So, along the same lines, just like one sentence in a book can ‘make’ it for me (examples to come as soon as my brain starts working properly) one glance, expression or split second scene in a film can leve an image in my head for weeks and sometimes years afterwards thereby ‘making’ that film for me. Or, in this case. Advert. Sometimes I don’t even have a reason, it just makes something tug inside my chest and sometimes tears burn behind my eyes and that’s it. I am lost to that scene for ever.

If anyone has followed that line of reasoning I congratulate you.

Anyway, there was a split second scene in this trailer that captured me.

And what bit was it you ask?

This is going to sound random, weird and strange but it was the moment when Edward broke the headboard (around 1.20). I know weird. But it ‘made’ it. I got a tug in my chest and the feeling like I was going to cry and ta-da. That was that.

I don’t know if it was the way the music went at that point the emotion or what, but that was that. I was lost to that little second. 

Anyone else...?

PS And fine, I admit I may have paused it (I needed to know what time reference to give - honest) and dang his muscles...

3 comments:

  1. *giggles*
    I don't know. I don't think I will look at the movie, but I liked the trailer. it was good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alex (A Girl, Books, OtherThings)

    *cough*

    Yeah, I probably (actually I know) won't watch it but the advert was so *fans self*, It was just that ONE bit! Just...DANG! lol.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See - even a NON-die-hard-twi-heart can enjoy the fantasy of Hot, Naked Vamp. action. (When presented correctly of course.)

    Maybe it was something to do with the music... but... I think it was because we can just appreciate how much effort one would have to put into breaking one's headboard.

    And lets be honest, it was actually a pretty RAW moment in an otherwise "innocent" trailer.

    (but...the muscles...THOSE muscles...turn a good trailer...into something AMAZING.)

    *Enjoyed the post*

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!