Friday 24 June 2011

Favourite Love Triangle - Mayne Attraction by Anne Mauren

It has been a while since I have done a post on a favourite love triangle and that is just because I have been a little but lazy about it. I have been meaning to put this up since I read the book,
So here we go.
This triangle is the relationship found in the book Mayne Attraction – In the Spotlight by Ann Mauren.

This is really interesting because both of the men involved as so different from each other and yet they have one solid thing in common – they both love Ellery and would do anything for her and in their own ways they are both honourable.

Another thing that makes this triangle brilliant is that there are no super natural elements. Everyone is normal. So our two guys can dislike each other purely for the personal reasons involved and not for any dumb deeply ingrained ‘you’re a werewolf, I’m a pixie/vampire/whatever’. Just pure male jealousy and you can’t go wrong with that.

Ash is so protective and yet unsure of the relationship that he tends to be a bit stiff about things but he loves and respects Ellery and shows this by not allowing their physical displays of affection go to far.

Grayson is the complete opposite of Ash, he is more laid back and sure of himself and more flippant about winding Ellery up. And yet he too has shown that he cares by having given her time to grow up.

So here we have another two men in a triangle who are as different as chalk and cheese and yet are lovely in their own ways.

And why do I love this triangle? Because I have no idea who I want Ellery to choose.

This book was a really fun read and I have read it again in between times.

Who can see the clue to what the next post will be? HINT HINT! :-)  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! This books sounds like a good old time. Nothing like a steamy love triangle. :)

    And might I guess - an author interview??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sounds like a good love-triangle, like you said, both good guys who don't like each other because of who they are not 'what' they are.

    I don't think I had heard about these books before, I'm going to try to find them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love trinagles can really make a book interesting. but its also just as hard on us readers too coz just like the main character we cant decide as who to choose either haha

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!