Thursday 9 June 2011

The Heat by Heather Killough-Walden



Lily St. Claire is a simple, if beautiful Southern girl who has no idea what she is in for when she decides to move back to her home town in Louisiana after a decade of being away. But between the two very different alpha werewolves who instantly begin fighting to claim her as their mate and the serial killer who has her in his sites, she's about to find out.


I bought this book for a nice cheap read for my kindle and because of some really good reviews I had read. Weeeellllll...


Sorry guys but this is another book that I just didn't like and spent the whole read just wanting to clout the 'hero'.

(Or maybe I am just too negative right now...that could be it...I'm sure I'm not normally this hard to please bookwise...)

Why?

Because he is one of these alpha male types who think he knows everything and doesn't have to answer to anyone - including the woman he just made his mate without telling her what the heck was going on.

Sorry but the women's lib hat is going on.

I don't need any domineering man (who can't control himself) in my life telling me what I can and can't so and keeping me out of the loop because he is a know-it-all twit!



And she is just as bad by letting him get away with it and not to mention the totally weird bit were she has a glass of wine (I'm not even going there with the weirdness that was that bit). And I thought she was as limp as a washed out dish rag character wise. 

Soo...

1 star...or less...






Ugh, I feel like a right meeny with my reviews lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!