Thursday 9 June 2011

Oddily by Linda Pohring


There are three things the shy, awkward Oddily knows for sure.

She would rather be anyone other than herself…
She wants to fit in at school…
And strange things are happening to her.

For Oddlily, she tries to keep an open mind…
But what she discovers is too unbelievable to think about…
Too magical too consider, and too dangerous to ignore.

Oddily becomes trapped in an adventure like no other.

When I finished this book I went straight onto Goodreads to leave a review. But as there has been a gap between my Goodreads review and this post I have had the time to mull it over in the deep, dusty, spider filled corner of my mind. Oh, my rating of 4 stars still stands – I know, shock horror right but my feelings of sadness at the injustices that Oddily (ain’t that the cutest name EVER) faces have grown.

As a child growing up I faced bullying. I wore glasses, had frizzy red hair and was on the extremely plump side of slim but I am glad to say that I did have friends growing up and I was never alone to face the monsters that prowl the innocent looking halls of every school.

Oddily on the other hand has no friends to rely on and has been enduring the torment dished out to her daily by the other students.

She is adorable. When she is just being herself she is so cute and you just want to hug her, wrap her up in cotton wool and rip into everyone who is bullying her. Actually she is a stronger person than I am because if I had to deal with half the stuff we read about happening to Oddily I would have transferred schools long ago.

The tricks that the other students (lead by her foster sister) play on her are down rite cruel and sick and the sad thing is that some people are actually like that and would do such things to a person without feeling the slightest little bit of guilt.

Maxim was an alright hero as far as heroes go I suppose. He did take a little while to grow on me. I didn’t start reading about him and immediately think. Maaaan I want a Maxim in my life. I actually like this. Because it kept me guessing as to what kind of person her was.

There was a mystery-ey sort of story line attached to the main plot also that added an interesting dimension to the story.

So what super power does Maxim have?

You’ll have to read and find out (insert evil laugh)

4 out of 5!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...
    Interesting. I hadn't heard about this book before but it seems all right.

    I'll try to check it out too, :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!