Monday 13 June 2011

Scent of Danger by Autumn Dawn

Ever fall in love with the wrong man?

With a body to make a young girl sigh and a voice like black velvet, Mathin is definitely the wrong man. He’s not safe, he’s not stable…he’s not even human.

Andrea doesn’t know what she’s getting into when she agrees to visit her granny. Swept away to another world by a man almost too hot to handle, she can’t decide if it’s a dream come true or someone’s idea of a sick joke. 

Romanced by the light of the triple moons, entranced by Mathin’s fiery kisses, will Andrea give up her home on Earth in exchange for something wild?




I think I can quite happily say I didn’t like ONE character in this book. So much so I don’t even want to write about it.

First we have the 57 year old GRANDMOTHER to the 23 year old grandchild who is determined to match her up with a friend of her employer and have her popping out kids. SAY WHAT! She is 57 years old for pities sake, she’s not going to be dying any time soon and she basically forces her granddaughter into the position that she does. How? By telling her she is dying of cancer and doesn’t have that long to live. Well that’s just wrong right there isn’t it. She isn’t dying by the way. I’ll make that bit clear.

Next we have the all controlling, all knowing he-man of the book. Darn it! REALLY! Why do they have to do this? You can have a damn good story without having some alpha male making all the decisions without telling the woman in question what to do without giving her any reasons or telling her what he is doing. And just when I thought he was heading towards redemption – in my eyes anyway – he went and did something that made him just as bad. I wanted so much to HIT him.

And I won’t even mention our ‘heroine’ who despite complaining STILL lets everyone get away with walking all over her.

HATED this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!