Saturday 18 June 2011

TGIF - And I Quote


TGIF is a feature that can be found at GReads!


Ooooo if I had loads of time this could very well be one of the longest posts in history, but I don't...

And I Quote: What are some of your favorite book quotes?


"You needn't steal from me. I will give you everything, and never miss it."
 *shiver*


I mean DANG, if that doesn't make you go all jelly legged I don't know what will. And do you know who is saying that. Captain James Hook to Red Handed Jill - formally known as Wendy Darling. 


I LOVED this book!


"Zoology, eh? That's a big word, isn't it." 
No, actually it isn't," said Tiffany. "Patronizing is a big word. Zoology is really quite short." 
*snicker*
Terry Pratchett's wit and humour rocks!






"The wolf was not far away. After only a short time, he crested a nearby hill. His eyes blazing yellow fire. Fierce. For his mistress called. There she knelt. Queenly and yet so wild. Arrow set to bow - spilling out a bloody light.   
At the sight of her, passion filled him. It rose in his gut, swelled his chest, then burst out of his throat. It overwhelmed the air and beat against the starry roof. The howl filled the mounds, rang out through the Vale and then rolled into Minonowe.  
She had called him and here was his answer. 
 The spiders were out there. Running. With Luthiel, he would hunt them."  
I know this is a pretty long quote and there was a section before this that I loved too but I thought that would maybe be a little OTT. But that just put a lump in my chest when I read it. Fantastic book!

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Hook and Jill before so I looked it up and it sounds pretty awesome! Added it to my wishlist, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quotes.
    I hadn't heard of Hook and Jill but now I'm intrigued.
    :D
    Thanks for shinning a spotlight on it!
    :D

    Loved the second quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alex (A Girl, Books, OtherThings) & @ComaCalm

    Thanks guys! :)

    Hook and Jill is a REALLY good read. I stumbled across it last year an I couldn't get enough of it once I had started!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!