Friday 24 June 2011

TGIF - Summer Vacation


TGIF can be found at GReads everty week.

Summer Love: Where is your ideal place to take a summer vacation & get lost in a book?

I would love to have a sun, sea and sand holiday (never had one of them before) and just it by the pool for a whole week READING. It would probably drive me crazy having kids splashing about constantly but I could deal I think. But as it stands we go to the same place every year and I hardly get any reading done - I know right! Torture. Maybe next time we get a nice sunny day I'll grab he sun glasses and have a wee read in the garden...not exactly the tropics but with my head in a book I will hardly know the difference. 

6 comments:

  1. Cape May, New Jersey is my favorite place for summer reading. It's a pretty quiet town where everyone rides bikes and is on a first name basis. It's perfect! I hope you get your perfect sunny beach day soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to do a lot of "stay-cations" and if we go on vacation we try to see and do everything possible. A book vacation often is just everyone letting me read in my chair or outside till it gets too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes merely having unadulterated time to read is just as nice as a tropical vacation...well, almost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poolside is a nice place to read. I think it's a little easier to keep the books "clean" than on a sandy beach. Any place sunny sounds good to me -- including the back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah reading in a garden sounds lovely!! There's a beautiful garden I like to go in Brooklyn! I'm a new follower :)

    xo,
    Lah @ Lazy Girl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love beach holidays & reading by the pool. It's so much fun. I always say I'm gonna read a lot during vacations, but sometimes it's impossible for me when travelling.

    New follower!

    Jennie
    My Cute Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!