Wednesday 31 August 2011

Hunger Games Teaser and Random Blethering

I REALLY need to read these books. How cool does this look?



I admit I have been a little slow with jumping on the Hunger Games band wagon but I have been a little backwards about coming forwards with these books because of the reaction that they have received. I don't  know about you guys but do good reviews intimidate you? I know that they do me. And it seems like everywhere I turn there have been nothing but good review about this series. And...well...it seems to be the kind of book where I like the idea of it in my head because of the teaser/spoilers/whatever you want to call them that I have picked up through various reviews and I don't want to shatter that nice little illusion that I have going in my mind. Does that make sense?

That being said I won't watch the film until I have read the book so I had better get a move on and read the series before the film comes out.


The Hunger Games waiting patiently on my shelf, waiting for me to blow the dust of it and crack open the pages...


free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

3 comments:

  1. Don't let the positive reviews intimidate you. They truly are great books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt exactly the same way that you did before I picked up the first THG book. The overwhelmingly positive reviews kinda freaked me out because I was worried I wouldn't like them and then I would be the freak, but honestly, they are well worth it. Even if you don't like them (And I've come across people who don't!) it would be good to see what all the hype is about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel better, I didn't think The Hunger Games was THAT great, I read it late in the game too, because I also get iffy when the reviews are too good.

    Anyway, for me the book was okay, but I didn't care enough to read the others. :)

    Also, the girl in the trailer looks too clean to be a hunter running around the woods. :P

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!