Friday 4 May 2012

TGIF - Literary Vacations


TGIF is a weekly meme that can be found over at greadsbooks.com. Every week you can find a question that is bound to get you thinking.

This weeks topic really had me slamming on the breaks with my initial thought.

So, this weeks question is :

If you could take a trip this summer to any place within a fictional book, where would you go?


Like I said  I ended up doing a complete 180 where this was concerned. My first thought was, well, I would want to go to the setting of one of my favourite books – Thronfield Hall from Jane Eyre. And then it was like ‘wait, it is only the place I am going to, not INSIDE the novel’ and then ‘heck I get forced to go on a family holiday every year to Yorkshire, I don’t need to head in that direction willingly’.


So I had to go back to the drawing board and rack my poor wee brain. And want to know what I came up with?


DISCWORLD!discworld


Seriously how awesome would it be to visit Discworld? As long as I times my holiday between Zombie invasions and major holidays everything would go swimmingly Smile And what better place to visit than a world that is flat and rides on the back of 4 elephants that stand on the back of a giant turtle. 


Coolness!


If anyone knows of any tours heading to Discworld let me know yeah, I’ll have my bags packed quicker than you could say Hogswatch Winking smile


Tootles.
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com
(TGIF Graphic is from GReads Smile)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my God, I totally forgot about the Discworld. :( Well, this would definitly be an awesome trip. This would def. be my second choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to look this one up because I have never heard of it. Now I wanna know about the zombie invasions and Holidays there though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only read one Discworld novel so far, but it was brilliant and I plan to read more in the future!

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Discworld but now I want to check it out! Elephants on turtles, What?!? Sounds like my kind of book lol!
    Check out my TGIF post at YA Nation
    New Follower via GFC! :)
    <3, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!