Friday 4 May 2012

Feature and Follow Friday

Follow Friday is a weekly Blog Hop that can be found over at Parajunkee’s View.

This weeks question is -

What is one thing you wish you could tell your favorite author?

What is with all the difficult questions all of a sudden? Sheesh. I have always said that Charlotte Bronte is my favourite author but I never really thought about what to say to her.

Maybe that I wish she had lived long enough to write more books (but that seems very selfish).

Maybe to thank her for penning Jane Eyre – as through reading that at a young age I began my love of all things bookish.

Maybe to say thank you for taking that step to write in a world where a woman’s roll was very clearly cut in society.

Despite all of these things that I could say, I think I would just thank her for being her.

Smile

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

10 comments:

  1. Aww that's so sweet! Great answer! Hope you have a good friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer! She is definitely has written some of my fav classics.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following you back.

    Lindsay @ The Literary Darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ashamed to say that I've never read anything by her. When I was assigned to read Jane Eyre in school, I watched the TV version of it.

    I followed you.

    Abbey Ann
    http://abbeyannsbookland.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's kind of hard to imagine what to tell a person, especially if you never had to think about it, because there was never a possibility to talk to them.

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I'd like to go back and re-read the Bronte books some time. It's been a while.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popping in! That's such a sweet answer. I've read Jane Eyre, but I honestly don't know much of anything about the woman behind the books. It would be interesting to learn more.

    I see you're from Scotland! I lived there for a while when I was 18, so I like to pretend I'm Scottish (all my friends there would get a really good laugh when I tried to do an accent and pretend). Very jealous you're there! I miss it...

    I'm a new follower! Feel free to visit my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hopping through! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome answer! This may be bad, but I never read the classics or anything nonfiction because it's always either really complicated and fancy-like, or just boring. I know, I'm a bad person, but that's just who I am. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm just hopping through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an Excellent Answer :D I think one of these days I'm going to have to join that linky thing because the questions are always really great.

    Anyways I was just reading your Outlander posts (massive Diana Gabaldon fan here, haha) and they were really funny and your blog is just really awesome and I followed you :D

    -kelsey

    Reading Room Only

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!