Monday 27 August 2012

Emma - Screen Adaptations

I have only seen two of the Emma adaptations that are roaming out in the wild but I have a firm favourite between the two. 

But first I had better say which ones I have seen. 

Emma (1996) - the film with Gwyneth Paltrow 

and

Emma (1996) - the TV adaption with Kate Beckinsale







Don't get me wrong, both of these are good in their own way  - which is saying a lot when you consider that I don't even like the story ;)

My favourite of the two though is the TV adaption because it actually does the impossible and helps me tolerate Emma. It doesn't make me like the story anymore but I can watch it without wanting to throw an iron at the screen turn it off. 

The film version I find to be a little too quirky - does that make sense (it does in my head). It feels a bit too...modern and it doesn't quite it well with me. 



Post Signature

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about the Kate Beckinsale Emma! Thanks for letting me know!
    Though you did miss an Emma too XD The 2009 version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw both - and Clueless which is an Emma adaptation too - But liked the Gwyneth one better 'cause I liked that Mr. K more, but yeah it was a bit quirky.
    It had lots of really good actors though.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!