Tuesday 4 September 2012

Northanger Abbey - My Favourite Northanger Lines

No one who had ever seen Catherine Morland in her infancy would have supposed her born to be an heroine.
I love this line, although at the same time I can'r help but roll my eyes. It is like some epic fantasy were Fred the bakers boy who is beaten everyday, starved and sleeps behind the fireplace (so yeah, you don't expect him to be a hero) turns out to be Prince Unpronounceable Name from the land of Hey-We-Need-A-Forgotten-Heir.

Yes, I know exactly what you will say: Friday, went to the Lower Rooms; wore my sprigged muslin robe with blue trimmings -- plain black shoes -- appeared to much advantage; but was strangely harassed by a queer, half-witted man, who would make me dance with him, and distressed me by his nonsense.
One of the characteristics that I love about Henry is his lightheartedness when he first meets Catherine. Perfect big brother material I think.

Oh! I am delighted with the book! I should like to spend my whole life in reading it
And all of us bookworms scream 'Amen' at this point.

...beware how you give your heart...
Need I say more.

And by personal favourite regarding the 7 horrid novels of Northanger Abbey
...a particular friend of mine, a Miss Andrews, a sweet girl, one of the sweetest creatures in the world, has read every one of them. 
Hehe, that  make me giggle every time I read it.

Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!