Friday 18 January 2013

Feature and Follow Friday #11



Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly Blog Hop that can be found over at Parajunkee’s View and Alison Can Read

Did this question stump any one else or was it just me?

After much thought and head scratching I have reached a decision.

Alvin the Treacherous


Alvin the Treacherous is a recurring villian in the 'How to Train Your Dragon' series by Cressida Cowell. I think there is something always a little bit difficult about coming up with baddies for kid books - you don't want them to be too evil, but then at the same time you don't want then to be so washed down that they are laughable. 

Alvin the Treacherous though is WICKED. He has no problems with trying to kill Hiccup and his friends and he would be more than thrilled if he succeeded. 

He is always different every time he appears in a book because of the previous 'Kill Hiccup' plan failing and him usually getting stuck in his own trap - it is going to be interesting to see what body  part he is missing after the last failure. :)

(As soon as I read this weeks question I starting thinking in general terms like (for example) in romance novels there are always some really evil people - because, hey, the hero and heroine don't deserve their HEA if they don't survive some nastiness. But then as soon as I tried to narrow it down to one my brain drew a blank)

Post Signature

7 comments:

  1. Oooh I never read that series but that villain sounds great! Hope you have a happy Friday :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really fun series. Although the furthest you get in them the more serious some of the 'lessons' get :)

      Delete
  2. I just saw the movie a few weeks ago and loved it. I didn't realize that it was based on a book (but it shouldn't surprise me as most movies I really like are based on books). Great choice! Thanks for stopping by this week. Following you back via GFC :)
    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Wave*
      Thanks for swinging by.
      The books are great fun but nothing at all like the film. But both the books and the film are good in their own ways :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read the books, but loved the movie. Interesting choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping on through :) Haven't read that book yet but great choice!

    New Follower via GFC would appreciate the follow back

    ~Marie
    Co-Owner/Founder and Blogger of Lunar Haven

    Here is our FF Post -> Lunar Haven FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great villain for that age group. I agree that it IS hard to write villains for certain ages. You definitely need to make them age appropriate.

    New follower! My FF post!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!